PENRHYNDEUDRAETH went into the Christmas break on a high thanks to a 2-0 home win over Mynydd Llandegai.

The Lock Stock Welsh Alliance Division One side produced a resolute display in difficult conditions to secure a much-needed three points after an indifferent run of form, which moves them into 12th position and two pints behind Mynydd having played the same amount of games.

A scoreless contest at the break was brought to life a minute after the restart when Ada Griffiths made the most of some space to break the deadlock, and another nest passage of play with 68 on the clock presented an opportunity to Rhys Hughes, who made no mistake with the finish to double their advantage and round off the scoring.

Nantlle Vale managed to pick up a point on their travels thanks to a 1-1 draw at St Asaph City.

A strong start from the visitors saw them go into the break a goal to the good when Aaron Hughes found some space in the area before producing a fine strike on the turn to break the deadlock on 44 minutes.

After the break saw the home side dominate the early exchanges and they were rewarded for their improved play on 65 minutes when a delivery found Josh Brown at the far post, and he headed past the Vale stopper to restore parity to the score-line.

Both sides missed opportunities in the final quarter of the game to ensure both sides had something to show from an entertaining affair.

There was no such luck for Blaenau Ffestiniog Amateurs, who emerged from their home clash against title hopefuls Denbigh Town with a heavy 11-1 reverse.

Prolific striker Jake Walker opened the scoring after just 23 seconds of the contest, and the former St Asaph City striker netted four more times throughout the contest to take his individual tally to five.

Strike partner Mark Roberts was also in ruthless form to help himself to a hat-trick with Jacob Barratt, John Terry and Daniel Clarke also on target during the rout.

The Quarrymen did manage to secure a consolation through Meilir Williams in the second period.