GAERWEN turned on the style to secure an impressive 6-0 home rout over Y Felinheli in their Lock Stock Welsh Alliance Division Two opener.

First half goals from Iwan Williams, Darren Lewthwaite and Connor Gordon put the home side in complete control of proceedings, with Tim Cavanagh and Lee Jones also netting in the first ten minutes of the second half to further confirm their dominance.

Williams managed to seal his brace on 71 minutes to complete the rout and get the title hopefuls off to a good start.

Another team to catch the eye were Amlwch Town, who came from behind to secure a 4-1 victory over Kinmel Bay.

Despite the eventual result it was the visitors who began the contest on the front foot, and they got their noses in front on eight minutes when Anthony Jones delivered a superb free kick that found its way into the top corner.

This provoked a strong response from the home side, who got themselves back on level terms after 15 minutes when the prolific Luke McGivern made the most of the space afforded to him with a neat finish, and the same player gave them the lead with 36 gone.

After the interval saw the hosts extend their cushion on 56 minutes when debutant Ryan Rowlands broke clear before firing into the net, and Bay’s misery was compounded on the hour mark when Tomos Wyn steered another chance into the net to seal the triumph for the home side.

Gary Jo Owen and Asa Thomas were both on target for Holyhead Town in their impressive 2-1 win at Penmaenmawr Phoenix, with Gwyndaf Hughes and Kian Abbott on the score sheet for Pentraeth in their 2-2 draw at Llandudno Junction.

Goals from Craig Patrick, Jordan Davies and Mark Jones gave championship contenders Pwllheli a comfortable home success over Aberffraw, but Barmouth and Dyffryn United were on the wrong end of a heavy 6-0 drubbing at Llannefydd.

Gwalchmai’s return to fourth-tier level saw the claim a dramatic 1-0 triumph at Llandudno Amateurs, which came from Mark Warren Jones’ stoppage time strike.