RGC were unable to recover from a poor first half as they fell to a 31-17 defeat to Swansea at Stadiwm Zip World.

The Gogs were no match for the South Walians in the opening period of the contest which played a huge contributing factor in their overall demise, and Mark Jones’ men will be hoping for better fortunes during their next Principality Premiership outing at home to Bridgend on Saturday (2.30pm).

The away side wasted no time in making an impact and went ahead with the opening try from Dewi Lake following a surging drive from the forwards, and things went from bad to worse for the hosts soon after when a sensational break from Ben Cambriani saw the winger go over for their second. Rhys Williams despatched both conversions.

Another impressive spell of phases resulted in Lake crossing the white wash for his second of the afternoon to further shellshock the Gogs, with Williams extending their advantage further with the conversion.

The outstanding Cambriani added to his tally on 35 minutes when he touched down for his brace and seal the bonus point, and this latest setback finally sprung the home side into action and they managed to get themselves on the scoreboard through a try from Iolo Evans. Billy McBryde added the extras.

This joy proved to be short-lived as an errant pass from Danny Cross on his own 22-metre line fell right into the hands of centre Tom Williams, who was handed the easy task of going over to round off a rampant first half from the All Whites.

After the break saw Jones’ side improve their overall effort and they were rewarded with another score which came through the in-form Tom Hughes, who completed a fine team move to get his side back in the contest.

The introduction of Cam Davies provided the Gogs with more urgency, but the visitors remained resolute in the face of some stern pressure for long periods of the half.

There was still time for further success for the hosts, who were persistent until the end and McBryde gave them a glimmer of hope with a superb score after good work from Hughes, but the damage had already been done to condemn the home side to defeat.