RGC’s Principality Premiership fixture at Neath on Saturday has been postponed.

The Gogs confirmed the news on Friday afternoon, stating they had been informed by the troubled side not to make the trip due to their inability to raise a team for the contest.

This is the latest blow to the cash-strapped club, who have seen a host of senior playing and coaching staff depart in recent weeks as pressure mounts on owner Mike Cuddy.

Head coach Simon King left his post following their heavy loss to Llanelli last weekend, with retired players and others from across the region asked to turn out for the Welsh All Blacks to try and get through one of the most difficult periods in their history.

Assistants Paul Williams and Paul James, plus team manager Neil White and kit man Tom Ward.

The Welsh Rugby Union are “monitoring” developments at The Gnoll, with the game set to be rearranged for the new year.

This is the second time that Neath have been forced to call off a game this season, and the Supporters Club released a statement calling for Cuddy to relinquish his ownership at the earliest opportunity.

It read: "We join all of Neath's supporters in saying to Mr Cuddy, thank you for what you have done for the club, but please walk away today before the damage you are causing becomes terminal.

"This is the second time in the last 14 days the club's owner and sole remaining director has failed to ensure the club can fulfil a fixture.

"This is unacceptable and we are sorry for the huge inconvenience caused to RGC 1404 players, officials and supporters.

"Mr Cuddy has supported Neath for many years but is currently experiencing significant ill-health and financial difficulties following the collapse of a number of his businesses earlier this year.

"A new company with new investors is ready and waiting to take over the running of the club and are ready for the challenge of rebuilding Neath Rugby both on and off the field."

RGC’s next fixture will now be at home to Swansea on December 22.