BANGOR City maintained their superb recent form with a 3-0 home success over Prestatyn Town.

The Citizens’ turned in a fantastic first half display which was the catalyst behind their triumph against the Huws Gray Alliance strugglers to extend their perfect record since the departure of manager Craig Harrison, and they face a stern test of their credentials this Friday during their trip to fierce rivals Rhyl (7.30pm).

The away side created the first opportunity of the contest on seven minutes when Danny Davies forced Bulmer into a smart stop, and they were made to pay for this miss soon after when defender Mike Williams headed home City’s opener from a Jake Phillips free-kick with ten gone.

Things got even better for the home side soon after when striker Marc Williams doubled their advantage with a far post header after a superb delivery from in-form winger Jacob Farleigh.

Seasiders’ skipper Alex Jones had a golden chance to get Town back into the contest on 20 minutes when his header from a Ben Maher cross was saved by Bulmer, with Les Davies almost adding a third on two occasions at the other end on the half hour mark.

After the break saw the visitors go close to reducing the arrears a minute after the restart when Oli Buckley’s fine effort flew narrowly wide, and further opportunities were spurned by Jones, Maher and Ian Griffiths during a dominant start to the second period.

They were once again left counting the cost of their inability to find the net on 65 minutes when the hosts all-but sealed another three points when Alex Darlington played a delightful through ball to Farleigh, who demonstrated tremendous composure to find the corner.

A series of robust challenges brought bookings for either side and halted the overall momentum of the contest thereafter, with teenage sensation Sam Jones missing the best chance of note for the hosts late on with his first touch after coming on as substitute.

Despite this, City saw out the remainder of the contest with minimal fuss to make it 18 goals in their last five contests with none conceded in that time.