A MUM is travelling to North Wales to help with a search operation following the disappearance of four teenagers.

Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Henderson and Hugo Morris have not been seen since Sunday. It is believed they were travelling in the Harlech and Porthmadog areas of Gwynedd and planned to camp in Eryri (Snowdonia).

Crystal Owen, Harvey’s mother, told the BBC she was travelling to North Wales to help with the search operation.

North Wales Police put out a statement, just before 12pm today (November 21), that the car the boys were travelling in has been recovered.

They were last seen on Sunday morning in a silver Ford Fiesta.

A spokesperson for police said: "Following information from a member of the public, officers searching for four missing teenagers in the Porthmadog area have located the vehicle they were travelling in.

"Police officers and colleagues from other emergency services are currently at the location and the families of those involved have been kept updated.

"Further information will be released when available."

Before the latest update, worried parents reposted on social media the police appeal for information.

One wrote: “Please keep sharing… if anyone knows anything or can think of anything that may help find the boys please contact the police. We are desperate for any news.”

Another wrote: “I am frantic with worry, one of these boys is my son Harvey, please please please share and tag anyone in Wales or get in touch with any information you may have.”

Crystal Owen, the mother of Harvey, said she did not know they were going on a camping trip and thought they were going to stay at friend’s grandfather’s house.

“I am frantically worried, we haven’t slept a wink, we are desperate to chase any lead we can,” she told the BBC.

“If I’d have known (where he was going) I wouldn’t have let him due to the winter weather conditions.

“They are all sensitive, intelligent lads and we are just hoping they parked up, got lost and are OK.”

A cordon has been been put up on the A4085 between Garreg and Pont Aberglaslyn.

Ambulances have recently been allowed through the cordon to go further up the road where the silver Ford Fiesta was found.


A Welsh Ambulance Service spokesperson said earlier today: "We were called today (November 21), at approximately 10.08am, to reports of an incident near the A4085 between Nantmor and Tan-Lan.

"We sent an operations manager, two emergency ambulances and two Cymru High Acuity Response Units to the scene where we were supported by the Emergency Medical Retrieval and Transfer Service in two Wales Air Ambulance charity helicopters.”

HM Coastguard responded to a request for assistance from police in a search in the Porthmadog area shortly before 3am today (November 21).

A spokesperson from HM Coastguard said: "The Coastguard helicopter from Caernarfon was sent and completed an extensive search of an area, before returning to base with nothing found."