TWO fire crews were called to a flat in Dolgellau after unattended cooking caught fire.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service was called to the incident on the High Street just before 4.20am on Tuesday.

Some people were sleeping at the time and were alerted by an alarm, the fire service said.

"We sent two appliances to a flat fire on Dolgellau High Street at 4.18am on Tuesday.

"The cause was cooking left unattended.

"All persons were accounted for, which was lucky as some were sleeping and the alarm had been activated.

"The incident was stopped at 05.12am."

Check the fire service's safety advice here.