THERE was a kitchen fire involving an oven in Caernarfon.

This was on William Street. Crews from North Wales Fires and Rescue service were called just before 5pm on February 17.

A spokesperson for the service said: "We were called to a kitchen fire involving an oven.

"The handle of a grill was damaged.

"The fire was out on arrival.

"The cause is accidental."

Another fire, thought to be 'deliberate', occurred in Bangor.

This was on Ffordd Coed Mawr on February 17, just after 6pm. It affected one square-metre of grass.

One crew from Bangor attended but the blaze was out on arrival.