A STUDENT who died at a university halls of residence and was the first Briton known to have caught coronavirus had “drug toxicity”, an inquest heard on Wednesday, February 3.

Connor Reed, 26, from Llandudno, had been a teacher in Wuhan, China.

Having beaten the virus, he died in his room at Ffriddoedd Road, Bangor, last October.

Opening an inquest at Caernarfon, coroner Kate Sutherland said he hadn’t been seen for some time by his friends and they eventually entered his room.

Mr Reed was lying on the floor, between the desk and his bed.

A post-mortem examination gave the provisional cause of death as respiratory failure due to broncho-pneumonia due to “combined drug toxicity.”

The coroner said: "The investigation into Connor Reed’s death is ongoing.”

The inquest was adjourned.