NORTH Wales Fire and Rescue has issued a safety warning after a pest control plug-in was believed to be the cause of serious damage done to a house in Gwynedd.

Just before 5pm on Friday, two fire crews attended an incident at Llys Y Garn, Caernarfon, which had been caused by an 'overheated pest control plug-in'.

North Wales Chronicle:

PICTURE: North Wales Fire and Rescue.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue said it had caused '50% fire damage to the converted garage and smoke damage throughout the property.

The fire service also put out a plea on social media ensure all such devices have the correct and relevant safety markings on them.