FIREFIGHTERS were called out to tackle blazes at a flat and a stable on Friday night.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service received a call at 9.30pm reporting an incident at a flat in Penrhosgarnedd.

Two crews attended to tackle the fire and confirmed the cause had been accidental.

A spokesman said damage was limited to a tea towel and a microwave only.

Then, shortly before 11.10pm, a stable fire in Llanfair-yn-neubwll was reported.

Two crews attended the scene and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.

A spokesman for the fire service said the incident resulted in 70 per cent damage to the stable and the cause is believed to have been deliberate ignition.

Nobody was injured, the spokesman added.