A LUMP of coal has caused a house fire in a lounge near Holyhead.

A fire Crew from Holyhead spent about 30 minutes bringing the fire under control at a property in Llanfachraeth.

One woman was in the property during the incident and was assisted outside by the fire crew. A spokesperson for the Welsh Ambulance Service confirmed that they also attended but were stood down upon arrival.

A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue said: "We were called to a housefire on Tuesday, December 10 at 2.07pm.

"The fire was believed to have been caused by a lump of coal that fell and spread to the carpet in the lounge.

"We called a stop to the fire at 2.36pm. There was five percent fire damage to the room."