FIREFIGHTERS were called to deal with an incident in a bathroom in Gwynedd on Wednesday.

The Fire Service say they received a call out at 3.18pm on June 5 to attend a house on Rhyd Fadog in Deiniolen.

Upon arrival, the fire located in the bathroom had been extinguished by a person within the property but an item on the side of the bath had melted and this was believed to have been the cause of the blaze.

A spokesperson for the North Wales Fire and Rescue said: "The unidentified item had caught fire and spread to the shower curtain.

"It had then melted along the side of the bath. When our crew arrived at the scene, the fire had already been put out by a person at the house."