NORTH Wales' Fire and Rescue team are reminding people of the importance of keeping their chimneys clean following an incident on Anglesey over the weekend.

With chimney safety week having just been and gone, staff are keen to remind individuals to stay safe and sensible when lighting fires in their homes.

One appliance from Holyhead attended the scene of a chimney fire in Bodedern yesterday and although nobody was hurt during the incident, a spokesperson for the Fire Service says it should serve as a warning to others.

"I would like to remind the public about the importance of keeping yourself, and your family safe by reducing the risk of fires," he said.

"All chimneys should be swept on a regular basis, and now is the perfect time to do so before the colder winter months set in and you begin to use your fire and chimneys again.

"It costs less than £100 to have your chimney swept so I would urge everyone to arrange this before they light their first fire."