UPDATE: Anglesey show travellers handed eviction notice

Published date: 08 August 2014 |
Published by: Tomos Hughes
Read more articles by Tomos Hughes


 

A GROUP of travellers who moved onto a part of the Anglesey Show site have been issued with notice of eviction prior to next week's show.

Anglesey County Council today successfully obtained a possession order and a warrant to evict travellers who moved to an area of land near Mona industrial site earlier this week, an area designated for the park and ride.

The travellers have been told they must leave the site by 9am on Monday – the day before the start of the annual show.

Around 60,000 people are expected to turn out for the two-day
event, which will be held next Tuesday and Wednesday.

An Isle of Anglesey County Council spokesperson said:

At Caernarfon County Court this morning, we were successful in obtaining a possession order and a warrant to evict Travellers occupying land at Mona Industrial Estate." 

For more news from across the region visit newsnorthwales.co.uk

Comments are closed for this story.

Comments are closed for this story.

Featured Businesses

View all adverts