A GWYNEDD family fled their home after it was struck by lightning.
North Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called after lightning struck the chimney of the cottage in Dinorwig shortly before 5am on Saturday.
A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said that crews from Llanberis and Caernarfon were called to the scene.
The spokesperson said the chimney had partially collapsed onto the property, but added there was no fire.
She added that occupants were advised to leave the property and firefighters helped them take belongings from the house.