THE multi-agency response to the floods across North Wales between councils and emergency services has been stood down.
The worst of today's (Friday) flooding has passed as midday's high tide receded without any reports of affected properties in Conwy and no serious breaches of sea defences in Denbighshire.
Chief Superintendent Jeremy Vaughan of North Wales Police, who led the response, said: “Thankfully the number of local incidents was low.
"We had however prepared for the worst, given the fact that we had three severe flood warnings across the area.
“I would remind people that severe flood warnings are only made when it is considered that there is a severe risk to life and property.
"When they are issued they must be taken seriously and people living or working in affected areas must heed the warning and make immediate arrangements to secure their own safety and, as far as possible, that of their property."
Arriva Trains Wales suspended all trains on the North Wales coast this morning but service has since resumed between Shrewsbury and Holyhead in both directions.
The B5106 Llanrwst Road, Conwy; the Promenade, Old Colwyn and Glan Y Môr Road near Rhos-on-Sea Golf Club have been closed due to the floods.
Flood warnings were issued for Rhyl, Prestatyn, Kinmel Bay, Towyn, Llanddulas, Abergele, at midday.
Conwy Council cabinet member for environment, highways and sustainability Mike Priestley Tweeted that Deganwy promenade "will take another battering" after it was reduced to rubble during the floods in December.
The railway embankment suffered serious erosion as a result of the high tides.
High tides arrived in Red Wharf Bay, Anglesey, at 11.30am and Bangor at 11.45am.
Tides were expected to be as high as 5.67 meters and the sea overtoppeddefences in places.
Motorists were advised not to drive too close to the coast during high tide.
People were also advised to stay clear of promenades and told not stand too close to the sea front due to the risk of large waves or debris.
Emergency response workers were at key sites checking that coastal defences and making sure any drainage grids and screens were clear to reduce the risk to people and their homes.
Incident rooms were opened across Wales in preparation.
Before the tides struck, a Natural Resources Wales spokesperson said: “Although last month’s tides, which caused flooding in many parts of North Wales, were higher in North Wales, this is expected to be the highest tide to hit the whole Welsh coast since 1997.
“Flood water can be extremely dangerous, and people should not attempt to walk or drive through it unless instructed by the emergency services.”
The next high tides along the North Wales coast are expected to be just after 12am on Saturday morning.
For more information, visit www.naturalresourceswales.gov.uk/alerts, or telephone Floodline on 0845 988 1188.